CrestClean Tauranga approved Bay of Plenty District Health Board contractor
CrestClean franchisees are able to consistently demonstrate safe work practices, in safe work places and go home safely each day thanks to Crest’s comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
This was the outcome of a Safety Management System (SMS) Audit carried out by Bay of Plenty District Health Board Property Services Health and Safety Advisor Shayne Lyons. The audit was based on a modified ACC WSMP format and assessed CrestClean’s SMS for compliance to become an approved contractor.
It is the first time Crest’s Health, Safety and Environmental Management System has been put under the microscope and examined in detail against New Zealand Health and Safety standards.
As part of audit requirements, Crest had to provide substantive evidence of the practical application of the HSEMS.
The audit covered:
• Employer Commitment to Safety Management Practices
• Planning, Review and Evaluation
• Hazard Identification, Assessment and Management
• Information, Training and Supervision
• Incident and Injury Reporting, Recording and Investigation
• Employee Participation in Health and Safety Management
• Emergency Planning and Readiness
• Protection of Employees from On-site Work Undertaken by Contractors and Sub-Contractors
• Workplace Observation
Tauranga Regional Manager Jan Lichtwark says the audit outcome reinforced the fact that businesses can instil confidence in Crest without having to worry about imminent Health and Safety Legislation changes.
“Businesses don’t have to worry about Health and Safety when it comes to cleaning their premises. We have it covered,” he says. “This audit shows that our Health, Safety and Environmental Management System will stand up to the scrutiny of large companies and businesses that are serious about Health and Safety.”